- This event has passed.
The Malaysia Aquascape Seed Layout Contest
Desember 31, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Before you apply
For the 1st Malaysia Aquascape Seed Layout Contest, we look forward to your submission of the best layout. One of the key points of planted aquarium is seed plants which have grown healthily and beautifully and also absence of noticeable algae. This is a basic yet very important factor. We hope to see your layout featuring attractive seed plants.
Closing Date for Application
The application must reach us no later than Dec 31, 2016
Freshwater planted aquarium (terrarium, marine aquarium cannot be applied) * In case of open type aquarium, only underwater part is subject of grading.
- Gold Prize 1 Hampers Certificate, Trophy
- Silver Prize 2 Hampers Certificate, Trophy
- Bronze Prize 3 Hampers Certificate, Trophy
- Winning Work 97 —- Certificate
* Top winning entries will be published in the MASLC 2016 Booklet (to be published in, 2017). * The number of entries to be published on the Booklet is yet to be determined. Some low-ranked layouts may not be included in the Booklet.
Contest Rules and Regulations
- Both professionals and amateurs can participate in this Contest. Only the work created by the entrant (individual) is accepted (there is no restriction in aquarium tank size).
- Each entrant may submit only one piece of work. (Any application under a name of the entrant’s family member or anyone else is strictly prohibited.)
- Reuse of similar motif that has been demonstrated in any work formerly submitted to this Contest (including use of the same composition materials, rearrangement of any past layout through mere change of plants and reversal of any past layout) is subject to point deductions.
- A layout remarkably resembling any of the past top winning entries is subject to point deductions.
- Entered photograph must have been taken within one year prior to submission.
- Use of houseplant, marginal plant or other plants which are not from seeds and/or use of layout materials which have difficulties in maintaining for a long time are subject to point deductions.
- Any entry which can disgrace this Contest is subject to disqualification.
- Entry must be a picture of the entire aquarium that has been taken from the front side (pictures taken from other angles and/or showing only a part of the aquarium are subject to point deductions).
- The copyright of entries belongs to Art Of Aquarium. Use of any entry for advertisement and/or publication purposes without the consent of Art Of Aquarium is strictly prohibited. Entry disclosed on the internet and/or magazine without the consent of Art Of Aquarium shall be disqualified from this Contest.
- Private disclosure of entry and publishing of entry on any magazine or other publications must take place only after the official disclosure by Art Of Aquarium.
- The entry that has violated the rules and regulations of this Contest is subject to disqualification, before and after the determination of the national ranking.
- Please note that we do not take any questions regarding the grading of the Contest.
- Same work as past years
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “It shall be unpublished work, created by the applicant him/herself, and photographed within a year prior to submission”.
- Duplicate application
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “Each entrant may submit only one piece of work”. As it is found to be duplicated, MASLC organization contacts the applicant to confirm just one entry of work.
- Same work registered under several different applicant names (e.g. same photo, or same layout photographed from different angles)
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “It shall be unpublished work, created by the applicant him/herself”. MASLC organization contact each applicant to confirm his/her entry.
- Simultaneous Submission to Non-AOA-authorized Contests
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “It shall be unpublished work, created by the applicant him/herself. Entered photograph must have been taken within one year prior to submission”.
The submission of the identical work to the AOA authorized local contests being held around the country are approved only if the applicant shall not release the work by the Internet, publication or any distribution media prior to the official result announcement by AOA.
- Entry works which are hard to identify as planted aquarium
Based on the contest rules and regulations, “Any entry which can disgrace this Contest is subject to disqualification”.
Notes * The picture of the layout can be taken by any person other than the creator of the layout.
- Entry must be made under the name of the creator of the layout. The entry that is made under a false name or any name other than the creators (including the name of a family member or acquaintance) shall be disqualified.
- The entrant who provides any inaccurate or insufficient information for entry and/or registration may not be able to participate in the Contest.
- Submitted photographs/data files will not be returned.
- Entrants must submit image data created with a compact digital camera, digital single lens reflex camera or others. Any image data captured with a cell phone or smartphone will be considered.
AOA-Authorized Contests in the country
The submission of the identical work to the following AOA-authorized local contests being held around the world is approved only if the applicant shall not release the work by the Internet, publication or any distribution media prior to the official result announcement by
- No Entry fee
- Online application
- Only images in JPEG format, less than 5MB in size, is accepted (RAW data cannot be accepted).
- Do not make any image processing such as trimming or retouch. Please do not delete Exit information.
- Online application please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Online application can be completed easily by providing required information and specifying the attaching data.
- If the image data is resized for submission, the original image data must be retained. The original data is required for top-winning entries.
Application Submission / inquiry
ART OF AQUARIUM. The Malaysia Aquascape Seed Layout Contest Organization
PHONE: +601 3770 1528